- Having your eyes checked regularly can help with early diagnosis of underlying diseases. The health of your eyes can tell much about your overall health.
- Positive lifestyle choices, such as eating a healthy diet, not smoking, and exercising regularly all greatly help to protect your eye health and preserve vision.
- Know your family eye history: Certain eye conditions can be hereditary, such as glaucoma. When detected early, it can be treated and controlled. Therefore, it would be beneficial to know of any such cases in your family history so that you can be tested.
- Give your eyes a rest: If you spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen or focusing on any one thing, it’s important to take time to allow your eyes to rest to avoid eye strain, lack of focus, and headaches. Try the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds. This will help to relax your eyes.
- The majority of people in Ireland are entitled to a free eye test with a Medical Card or PRSI. Check today to make a start towards having healthier eyes.
Don’t put your eye sight at risk – Be sure to have regular eye examination.